Seven Rivers Presbyterian (PCA) Church has released their Christmas Wish Book for the holiday season. It is a very different kind of wish book, as they are the wishes of children’s homes, shelters, and ministries around the world that the church supports rather than toys and novelties that we are hoping to get for ourselves. For a small amount (as low as $10.00!) or a large amount of money, you can:
- Purchase a dresser for a child at a children’s home or kitchen utensils for the home
- Pay for a dumpster rental for a Katrina victim who is rebuilding
- Fund a children’s Bible being translated into Japanese for missions in Japan
- Buy a weeks worth of meals for a homeless shelter
- Feed a street child for one month (a bargain at $34.00)
- Help a local person get through hard times
- …and many more!
Their site allows you to instanty print out a card for someone to let them know you have given a gift in their honor. It is in a pdf form that you can print at home, or even go to the local copy center and have it printed on heavier paper.
The link to the holiday gift catalog can be found HERE. The card can be found HERE. If you are looking for a thoughtful gift for someone you don’t know what to buy for, it is a great thing to consider!